Battle of the Bulge by Shenandoah Studio
“It’s completely nailed the right ways to present a tabletop game in a digital format…” — No High Scores
“Easily the most educational game I’ve ever played.” — Eurogamer
“In terms of war simulation games on the App Store, I haven’t seen a better game…” — TUAW
Battle of the Bulge is a historical wargame, designed specifically for iPad. It’s a turn-based simulation in the spirit of traditional board wargames. Pieces represent actual military units fighting on the terrain of the famous WWII battle.
• Play three ways: online through Game Center; vs a computer opponent; or Pass & Play
• Fast turns, deep strategy
• Two scenarios: a quick, tense, fight in the opening days; and a campaign covering the entire battle
• Tutorial, quick start guide, and online strategy forums help players learn to play and to explore the game’s subtleties
• Extensive historical photos, film, and commentary
• Retina support
• First of a series of WWII titles by legendary designers: El Alamein, covering the decisive battle in North Africa, is in development for release in 2013.
“…a game of considerable majesty awaits you…” — Gamezebo
“Battle of the Bulge is a landmark iPad game. It’s deep without feeling complex, and fun without feeling light. Further, it’s beautiful, both visually and aurally, and so intuitive that you don’t need a tutorial to learn the interface. If you’re at all into turn-based gaming, give this one a try. If you’re not, give this one a try, anyway.” — MobileTechReview
“A game that will make historical strategy diehards swoon, while also being pretty enough, and easy enough to learn, to draw in people who never knew that this was the game they’d been waiting for.” — TouchArcade
iTunes Store Page: